Hayden makes four different types of thermal fan clutches; Standard, Heavy Duty, Severe Duty and Truck Fan Drives. Each type is engineered to simulate the performance, fit and appearance of the original equipment clutch that it replaces. All fan clutches are for specific applications and should only be applied for which they are cataloged. Use of the wrong fan clutch may result in poor cooling, excess noise, reduced mileage, or fan clutch failure.
Features & Benefits of Standard Thermal Fan Clutch
- Varies the fan speed with temperature of the air behind the radiator.
- Engaged (high speed) operation provides maximum cooling.
- Disengaged (low speed) operation provides fuel savings and noise reduction.
- Greater life expectancy than a non-thermal clutch.
- Briefly engaged at cold start-up.
- Engages at about 170° radiator air temperature, (about 30° lower than coolant temperature).