PerTronix Ignitor 1970-73 (240Z)
DescriptionThe trigger cylinder that fits on the center shaft of your distributor (under the coil) has a strip of green... read more
- 0 reviews
The trigger cylinder that fits on the center shaft of your distributor (under the coil) has a strip of green tape around it, as seen in the pictures above. DO NOT REMOVE THIS TAPE! The tape holds the pickups for the trigger in place and should never be removed.
A solid-state electronic ignition system. Never change points again! The Ignitor by PerTronix has proven itself for over 30 years in applications ranging from race cars to tractors. The Ignitor replaces the points in your 240Z (single point distributors only) with a dependable, self contained and maintenance free electronic ignition system. The Ignitor has been called the “stealth” ignition because of its quick installation and nearly undetectable presence under your distributor cap. Stock Distributor & Rotor not included.
- Delivers twice the voltage to the spark plugs, increasing horsepower, fuel economy, and spark plug life
- 2:1 improvement over points in current fall time for increased coil output
- Rotating cobalt magnets trigger a Hall Effect integrated circuit. No points to burn, no moving parts to wear out
- Epoxy molding makes our module impervious to dirt, oil, grease and moisture
- Fits entirely inside the distributor
- No “black box” to clutter the engine compartment
- Stable timing-no need for any adjustments
- No complicated wiring makes installation easy
- RPM Range: 0 to 15,000 RPM
- Temperature Range: -50 to 300F
- Works with stock 240Z coil
- For optimal performance use with Flame-Thrower® 40,000 volt coil
- Legal in all 50 states and Canada (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-2)
- Guaranteed by PerTronix for 30 months
- Works great as a trigger for multi-spark CD ignitions
- Not for dual-point distributors
The PerTronix Ignitor is not for use with “box” type coils. We recommend only the PerTronix Flame-Thrower® Coils for use with the Ignitor. If used with the wrong type of coil, the PerTronix warranty will be void.
Automatic transmission models came equipped with Dual Point distributors. If you currently have a dual point distributor, you will need to locate and install a single point distributor from a manual transmission model in order to use this kit. This kit will NOTwork with dual point distributors.
- .25 lbs
- 8 × 4 × 2 in
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
BRE Style Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler 1970-78 (240Z/260Z/280Z) Coupe Only
BRE Style Fibergalss Rear Spoiler 1970-78 (240Z/260Z/280Z) Coupe Only
ZG Style Carbon Fiber Fender Flare Kit 1970-78 (240Z/260Z/280Z)